TheOutplay is looking for a Backend Developer to join our development team in our Milan office, and help us keep up with growing business demands.
As a backend developer at TheOutplay, you will develop and maintain applications and services for the evolution of our core application platform. You will
- Implement and maintain REST APIs that serve the customer-facing platform and the video content delivery
- Work on our content owners video ingestion process based on MRSS, FTP
- Evolve and maintain the internal admin tools of the platform
- Contribute to architectural and design decisions as we respond to changing business requirements and scale up.
Some of the tools we work with are:
- Node.js, Java, Python
- AWS Beanstalk, S3, RDS, Elasticache
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You work well independently, with a sense of responsibility and ownership of your work
- A team player, eager to invest in personal and team growth
- Knowledge of design patterns, testing and software design principles
- Good experience with at least one of: Java / Spring framework, Node.js, Python
- Experience with REST API development
- Experience with SQL and RDBMS
- You must be able to communicate in English (no need for perfection, but we work in English)
Nice to have experience with:
- some of the technologies we use
- development of highly scalable applications
- message broker architecture
- Agile development methodologies
- devops or system administration
- some previous ad industry
TheOutplay is an international media and advertising company that offers a unique and innovative solution to both brands and publishers for video advertising. Our platform places content and technology at the heart of the digital advertising spend, enabling better streamlined and optimized models for Advertisers, Media Agencies, Content Owners and Publishers.
We are a young, quickly growing startup, and we are excited about the work we do, but we also take work/life balance seriously. We have our own interests and we do not want to work weekends, and we do not expect you to either. We usually work in the office, but we’re flexible about working from home as you need to.